Portugal combines all the best bits of Europe, from picturesque beaches to vibrant cities and
incredible landscapes. Plus, with one of the lowest costs of living in Europe, it’s fast
becoming a popular destination for expats and digital nomads.
Portugal started issuing residence permits by investment in 2012. This program is sought
after by the investors with over 27000 Golden Visas being issued in the last couple years.
The reason is quite straightforward-unlike most, A Golden Visa, is a special residency visa
where you are only required to spend 7 days per year in Portugal. This unusually flexible
condition is permitted in exchange for the Golden Visa holder investing in Portugal.
The Portugal Golden Visa sits comfortably at the top of the favourite list for global citizens
looking to secure a powerful passport and it’s easy to see why:
The Portuguese passport is currently holding the 6th ranking in the World passport index making it one of the strongest passports.
- With this, one can get visa free travel to 187 countries.
- Portuguese Passport holders can live/work/do business, retire and get all socio-economic benefits of ANY of the E.U. Countries (26 countries) not just restricting themselves to Portugal.
- What’s more? All 3 Generations (Primary Applicant + Spouse + Both side dependent parents + Dependent Children) can be part of the same application.
- Even the route to Citizenship/ Passport is straightforward. Only 35 days stay in total required in 5 years to maintain Residency status and be eligible to apply for Citizenship.
- With the minimum real estate investment for the visa being 280,000 euros, Portugal is one of the top investment choices
Some great reasons to go for the Portugal Golden Visa are:
- Freedom to live and work in Portugal and any of the 26 countries of the Schengen area.
- Healthcare in Portugal is not top-of-the-range by any means, but expats living in Portugal will find all their basic healthcare needs catered for with free healthcare through the Visa
- Free high-quality education from some of the best schools in the world
- Portugal is known as an extremely safe country, ranking 4th in the 2021 Global Peace Index from Vision of Humanity.
- Brilliant tax efficiency for foreign investors
- The country ranks lower than many other European nations on the Corruption Perceptions Index with a score of just 62/100.
- Mediterranean diet & low-cost phenomenal wine
- English is the second most common language spoken and it’s not necessary to learn Portuguese
- Voted best ex-pat quality of life in Europe
- Cheapest Cost of Living in Western Europe
- 300 days of sunshine per year with no humidity
- Beautiful Beaches and Breathtaking scenery
- Welcoming population
Mail “Portugal” to: